Jensen Luxury Coaches
Jensen was founded by two brothers,
Alan and Richard Jensen. In 1930 they opened their first
business, Patrick Jensen Motors, at Edgbaston, with Joe
Patrick. In 1931 the two brothers started work at W. J.
Smith & Sons, an old established firm of motor body
builders, located in High Street, Carters Green, West
Bromwich. Smiths specialised in bodywork for lorries and
cars. After William Smith’s death the brothers took over
the business, and in 1934 it became Jensen Motors
Limited, which produced custom-built car bodies for
standard chassis made by Morris, Singer,
Standard, and Wolseley. In 1936 Jensen's first car, the
“White Lady” appeared, and three years later the
company's first commercial vehicle, the Jensen lightweight
truck was launched. After the war Jensen launched a
range of commercial vehicles using the JNSN name. They
were easily recognisable by the
radiator grille, shaped to the JNSN letters.
They were available in a range of forms including
lorries, trucks, pantechnicons, and a few luxury
coaches. The vehicles remained in production
A JNSN luxury coach.