Harry Rudge was the eldest son of Daniel Rudge, who founded Rudge cycles. After working for Humber in Wolverhampton, he joined Mr. C. Wedge to form Rudge Wedge & Company in 1891.

They set up a cycle works at Pelham Street, Wolverhampton and in 1902 moved to new factory in Mander Street where they built a few motorcycles.

The machines were powered by a 1¾ or a 2½ hp. engine, and sold for £40 and £42 respectively. They were available with a spray, or surface carburettor.

H. G. Rudge.

C. E. Wedge.

Production ended because they decided to concentrate solely on bicycles.

The 1902 Rudge Wedge. Courtesy of the late Jim Boulton.

Return to the List
of Manufacturers