|A large 19th century house with polychromatic
brickwork. The bay windows and sashes have restrained
Gothic styling. It was locally listed in 2003.
late 19th century the house was home to one of
Darlaston's prominent figures, William Winn. He was a
successful and well known shopkeeper who had a shop in
Church Street and another in Pinfold Street, next to the
Black Horse. He sold grocery, provisions, wines and
spirits, and became a member of the Local Board and of
the first Urban District Council in 1895. The house is
named after the birthplace of William's wife Jane, who
came from Ilmington in Warwickshire.
William’s Pinfold Street shop was the first building
in Darlaston to be lit by electricity. He purchased a
dynamo and capitalised on it by advertising when the
lights would be in operation. People came from all
around the Black Country to view the spectacle and he
always had many bargains on hand to sell to visitors.
The choir stalls and clergy desks at All Saints' Church,
Moxley were gifts from William as were the trees that
line Crescent Road.