||St. Peter's Church.
St. Peter's dominates the centre of Wolverhampton. The original church was
994 by Lady Wulfruna, although nothing of this now remains.
dates from 1425, the central tower was completed in about 1480. It has since
been greatly extended, the north transept and the gallery date from the 16th
the west end of the nave dates from 1616. In 1867 the chancel was rebuilt,
St. Peter's gardens were laid out in 1883.