Up to 1700
The victory of Edward the Elder over the Danes near Tettenhall.
King Aethelred granted lands at Heantun (Wolverhampton) to Lady Wulfruna.
Lady Wulfruna made a grant of land to the Monastery of St. Mary.
William the Conqueror granted the Collegiate Church, with its lands and customs, to Samson, his Chaplain; and also made him Bishop of Worcester.
The Collegiate Church was rebuilt.
A Charter was granted by Henry III allowing a weekly market to be held in Wolverhampton.
The dedication of the Collegiate Church was changed to St. Peter.
Wolverhampton’s Deanery was annexed to that of Windsor.
The Grammar School was founded by Sir Stephen Jenyns, a native of Wolverhampton.
The bells from Wenlock Abbey were placed in the tower of St. Peter’s Church.
A Market Cross was erected. It was pulled down in 1779
The Old Hall was erected by the Levesons who were wealthy wool merchants. They lived there until about 1684 when the building and the estate were sold to the Earl of Bradford. From him it descended to the Pultney Family who leased the building to John Turton, a celebrated iron master. It was known as "Turton's Hall." The works closed and the building was demolished in 1883.
Richard Leveson was appointed High Sheriff for the County of Stafford and the Assizes were held in the Town. They were transferred to Stafford in 1578.
The Collegiate Church received pews and the rood-loft was removed. The galleries are supposed to have been erected about the same time.
John Leveson, founder and proprietor of the Old Hall died. His remains, and those of his wife Joyce are entombed in the interior of St. Peter’s Church in the Leveson's Chapel.
A great fire commenced in Barn Street (Salop Street), which lasted several days, and consumed a great portion of that part of the town.
27th January. Two of the people involved in the gunpowder plot, Thomas Smart and John Holyhead were tried and convicted in Wolverhampton. They were executed at High Green, now Queen Square.
The Gallery for the Grammar School Scholars was erected in St. Peter’s Church by the Merchant Tailors' Company, London, then the trustees of the school.
Charles the 1st visited Wolverhampton with his two sons, Charles, Prince of Wales, and James, Duke of York. He stayed at the house of Madame St. Andrew in Cock Street, now Victoria Street.
The town was garrisoned by the Parliamentary Soldiers under the command of Colonel Brereton.
Charles the 1st passed through Wolverhampton again in his flight from Lichfield to Bridgnorth.
The Deanery House was rebuilt. It was demolished 1925.
The Leveson family leave Wolverhampton.
Roger Hinton's Charity founded.
The Blue Coat School was founded in Berry Street.