Listing: Office of Wolverhampton District Electric Tramways
Ltd.. 1902. WDT Ltd. electrified the existing horse drawn tramway routes
in the area; the site comprised the offices, a transformer station and
the repair and paint shop. The depot was converted for the use of
trolley buses, 1928-30, and closed 1965.
Comment: The unusually explanatory listing tells the story. WDET was part of the British Electric Traction Group which had been
buying up tramways around but outside the boundaries of the then Borough
of Wolverhampton. BET grouped them together in WDET, who built
this building and the adjoining depot (to the right of the offices in
the picture above) as their new headquarters.