Listing: Terrace of 12 houses. c.1830
Comment: This is a very pleasant row of town
houses, amongst the earliest examples of the expansion away from the old
town centre. It now makes a good contribution to the scene on an
important main road entry to the city centre.
If we remember correctly this was one of the
first of Peter Maddox's efforts to restore run down historic
buildings. This previously run down row sold very easily
and was an early indication of the commercial possibilities of
trying to get residential use back near the town centre and, in
Wolverhampton, something of a pioneer attempt to restore old
buildings on a commercial basis.