Listing: House, now shops. Late C18. Double depth. One of
a group of Georgian houses in King Street built after 1751.
Comment: Architecturally one of the few saving graces of
this side of King Street - the other side is a splendid, continuous run of
buildings just like this one and originating in the same development. But
it seems to have been some years since it was commercially successful, despite
its great potential.
Michael Hubbard (who was, for many years, the tenant of No.26)
reports that at the back of No.25 there is an original cast iron
drainpipe that has the date 1750 cast into the hopper at the top.