storey rendered / tiled roof cottage with porch and dormer window.
The interior contains evidence of timber framing. It may be another
early survivor along Goldthorn Hill which was a well established
road by the 18th century.
The Yates map of 1775 shows a number of scattered buildings along
this road. Number 152 (Hill Cottage) is on the statutory list and
dates from the Late16th/17th century.
Further research may confirm
early origins for this building which may have originated as two
humble cottages later joined as one. Worthy of the Local List
because of its early date.