Listing: Locally listed in 2004. Detached, two storey, early
19th century property, originally built as a minister's house of the Wesleyan
Church, which opened for worship in 1823 and was demolished in the 1960s.
Brick built, with rendered front and side elevations and a slate roof, the manse
is in a prominent position. The two bay windows on the ground floor either
side of the main entrance are strong architectural elements, which dominate the
front elevation of the property, The brick gate piers to the building
still remain but have been reduced. The property is occupied and has been
subdivided into flats.
Comment: The house is highly visible when entering Bilston town
centre from Oxford Street and the Black Country Route. There is still a
Wesleyan church behind the manse but it is now in buildings which were
originally ancillary to the church.