Listing: Single storey works with prominent central entrance
surmounted by central pediment and cartouche inscribed 'Forward Shoe Works' in
buff terracotta. The remainder red brick with terracotta detailing.
Substantial works to rear. (Late 20th century extension to right
excluded). Edge shoes was a well established shoe manufacturer in the
Bilston area and opened Forward Works in 1914 as the business expanded.
Comment: For an extensive account of this firm and these works,
see Trevor Genge's article.