Listing: Locally listed in 2004. Classic 19th century factory
building. Four storey frontage with tall narrow workshops to rear.
Decorative central bay with elaborate pediment and 'Niphon Works' in relief
above ground floor windows. Established c.1865, by Robert Stroud, for the
manufacture of tin trunks, tinware and japanned goods. Prominent landmark
in local area.
Comment: This is probably the most extensive range of Victorian
factory buildings left in Wolverhampton. Luckily they are still in full
use, mainly in small units, and seem to be well kept and in good order.