Listing: Built 1930 on site of former
St. Paul's infants school. Striking brick facade with concrete
detailing. Locally Listed, approved November 2001.
Comment: This building is now the Church of
God of Prophecy.
St. Paul's church used to have a church hall next to the
church itself, next to Sunbeamland. That hall was taken over by
Sunbeam as part of their factory. Whether they persuaded the
church to sell by paying enough for a new hall or whether they simply
bought up a hall left empty by the move, is not known.