Listing: Opened 1932. Single storey and
of pavilion style. Its red brick facade and sash windows are a
perfect example of the neo-Georgian style of school architecture
characteristic of the 1930s. It represents the culmination of
architectural thinking towards schools in the inter-war period and is
possibly the best example of its type and period in Wolverhampton.
It has landmark quality and enhances the local area. Locally Listed,
approved November 2001.
Comment: Note how many of the details,
especially round the central block and the two doors, can be taken as
art deco. In this respect too it is redolent of the 1930s.
It also seems that someone spent a reasonable amount of money on this