The footbridge with the warehouse to the left. What is now a canal arm was the original line of canal until the canal was diverted to allow for the building of High Level railway station, about 1850.
The warehouse seen from the north at Hay Basin. The cart entrance is to the left; the "boat hole" was to the right, the canal side.
Comment: Since it stopped being used for its original purpose, the warehouse has had a number of uses and long empty periods. In recent years it has been a night club, under a number of different names.