|This view looking up Snow Hill was
dominated on the left by church buildings. Apart from the still
existing Catholic church of St. Mary & St. John, there were two
non conformist churches. The first was the old Irvingite Chapel
and the second was the Congregational Church, which was
demolished in 1941 after the west gable collapsed.
bus is on its way to town from the Fighting Cocks. Trolley buses
replaced trams on this route in October 1925 and in December
1926 the route was extended to Sedgley Bull Ring.
Although the left hand side of the street is now dominated by
modern buildings, the right hand side looks much the same.
the last few years most of these shops have been refurbished,
and some rebuilt internally.
Excellent work has been done as the
buildings still look the same externally and have retained their